PLATEFORME 10, a public-law foundation, will create a unique space entirely devoted to culture on the site of the former locomotive sheds in Lausanne. It brings together in a single location the Musée cantonal des Beaux-Arts (MCBA), the Musée de l’Elysée (Cantonal Photography Museum), and the mudac (Museum of Contemporary Design and Applied Arts).
Inaugurated in 1841, the MCBA is one of the oldest Swiss museums dedicated exclusively to art. The museum offers several temporary exhibits per year from the more than 10,000 works that make up its collection. The MCBA moved into a beautiful new building in October 2019.
PLATEFORME 10 is recruiting a
Director of the Musée cantonal des Beaux-Arts (MCBA) - 80-100% (permanent contrat)
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To define and implement a development strategy for the Musée cantonal des Beaux-Arts in line with the policy of Plateforme 10 foundation.
- To manage the Musée cantonal des Beaux-Arts, define priorities and propose objectives in line with the Foundation's strategic plan. To advise and support the staff in their activities, to ensure the development of skills and the updating of knowledge.
- As a member of the Executive committee of Plateforme 10 foundation, to participate in the strategic and operational management of the Foundation and actively contribute to defining the general program of cultural activities of the Foundation.
- To propose an exhibit program for the MCBA in line with the Foundation's strategy and to set the museum's scientific orientations. To promote the museum's activities and encourage encounters with the public.
- To represent the MCBA and the Foundation to all internal and external partners and to contribute to the museum’s renown at local, national, and international levels.
- You have a PhD in a field related to the museum's collections or equivalent experience with additional training in cultural management or museology.
- A background in management and/or project management is expected.
- You have at least 10 years of proven experience in the management of a comparable cultural institution.
- Excellent command of French and very good knowledge of English and German are required for this position.
- You have a sense of responsibility and public service ethics, an ability to adapt and be flexible combined with active listening skills as well as ease in communication and human relations.
- You demonstrate leadership and creativity.
Salary grade: 15
Start date: 01.07.2022
If you recognize yourself in this profile, we invite you to send us your application with a curriculum vitae, certificates, and diplomas to the address below by October 31 at the latest.
Chemin de Mornex 3bis
Information from Mr. Patrick Gyger, General Manager Plateforme 10, firstname.lastname@example.org